Pricing is for a 12-month single user license only. After purchasing, please review your email confirmation receipt regarding additional information on how to access the course. If you do not receive an email notification, please contact ARN Member Services at 800-229-7530.
* Disclaimer: This course is intended to enhance the educational foundation for Restorative Nursing Assistants. Taking this course does not secure certification or licensure for the learner. Refer to your state requirements for more information on how to become a Restorative Nursing Assistant.
Multi-user pricing is also available.
· 10-User License Bundle: $1,600
· 20-User License Bundle: $2,800
If you are interested in purchasing licenses for multiple users, please contact Julie Enichen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARN's Restorative Nursing Assistant Online Course is a unique online program designed for nursing assistants working in long-term care and skilled nursing facilities. This course is ideal for facilities looking to provide consistent, flexible, and personalized core training to their nursing assistant staff, as well as individual nursing assistants seeking to develop a foundation in restorative nursing practice.
The full course is made up of 5 modules, each focusing on a set of restorative nursing topics or concepts, mirroring the content of the ARN Restorative Nursing: A Training Manual for Nursing Assistants publication. Each module covers fundamental concepts and skills in a unique question & answer format that is designed to increase both knowledge and confidence in that knowledge. The course is suitable to be taken in a variety of ways: as a stand-alone self-paced program; as part of a blended learning program combining classroom and online content; and as an “online companion” to the ARN Restorative Nursing: A Training Manual for Nursing Assistants publication.
The 5 modules in this course cover:
Module 1 - Philosophy of Restorative Nursing, Dispelling the Myths of Aging & Nursing Assistants Role in Restorative Care
Module 2 - Mobility & Activities of Daily Living
Module 3 - Swallowing/Communication & Cognition
Module 4 - Bladder, Bowel & Skin Care
Module 5 - Therapeutic Activities & Caregiver Challenges
Upon completion of all of the modules, you will be able to:
· Outline the philosophy and basic principles of restorative nursing
· Define how to provide the necessary care for a restorative nursing patient including their physical, mental and psychosocial well-being
· Identify fundamental evidence-based nursing interventions that meet individual needs and promote positive client outcomes
· Describe how the restorative nursing assistant is an integral member of the healthcare team
· Recognize caregiving challenges that restorative nursing assistants may face when dealing with patients with a variety of conditions or chronic diseases